- this document regulates the principles of cooperation between Sasski.com and Vendors for the sale of the latter’s goods on the Website.
- Current version of Vendor Relations is available free of charge at https://sasski.com/pages/vendor-relations/
- Whenever these Vendor Relations (later: VR) refer to:
- Website, it is understood as the website available on the Internet at https://sasski.com/;
- Consumer, it is understood as a natural person entering into a contract not related to his business activity. In the case of Polish customers, a consumer is also a natural person concluding a contract directly related to his/her business activity, when the content of this contract shows that it does not have a professional character for this person, arising in particular from the subject of his/her business activity, made available on the basis of the provisions on the Central Register and Information on Business Activity (Centralna Ewidencja i Informacja o Działalności Gospodarczej);
- Customer, it is understood as an individual and any other entity that uses the services offered by the Sasski.com through the Website;
- Vendor & Service Provider, it is understood as Sasski OÜ, registry code: 14487371, address: Harju maakond, Tallinn, Kesklinna linnaosa, Sakala tn 7-2, 10141 (Estonia);
- Sasski.com is a VAT payer in Estonia (the tax rate is 20%).
Registering a Vendor account
- Sasski.com allows Vendors to sell their goods through the Website under the terms and conditions described in the VR.
- Vendor registers an account on the Website at https://sasski.com/pages/become-a-vendor/
- Sasski.com does not guarantee the registration of Vendor's account if it takes doubts about the quality of provided services, its credibility or legality of conducting business.
- After successful registration, the Vendor is obliged to provide Sasski.com within 5 working days with the following data enabling the creation of the Vendor's profile on the Website:
- information on shipping costs within the EU and outside the EU,
- delivery time within the EU and outside the EU,
- offered products with photos and description,
- measurements of the products,
- Information about the materials of the offered products,
- Instructions for cleaning and maintenance of the products.
- The above information can be provided in the form of Shopify export.
- Within 3 working days after the data referred to in Sasski.com is submitted, Sasski.com will create the Vendor's profile and add the product offer on the Website.
- Consumers shall purchase Vendor's goods on the Website through Sasski.com.
- Once the sales price has been credited, Sasski.com shall notify Vendor via the established medium (SMS, Whatsapp) of:
- The purchased goods, their quantity and specifications;
- the shipping address.
- Vendor shall promptly ship the order to the Consumer in accordance with the specifications.
- Vendor shall include with the order addressed to consumers residing in the European Union information about the right of withdrawal in accordance with the regulations in force in the European Union and the Returns Policy (https://sasski.com/pages/returns-and-exchanges/) and Terms & Conditions (https://sasski.com/pages/terms-and-conditions/ ).
- After 14 days from the date of delivery of the order to the Consumer, Sasski.com shall notify Vendor to issue a VAT invoice, unless the Consumer has made a declaration of withdrawal from the contract.
- Vendor will issue a VAT invoice to Sasski.com for the amount representing the sum of the sales price less 25% for commission and shipping costs. The VAT invoice shall be dated at the end of the calendar month in question, or, if issued on the last day of the month, at the end of the following calendar month.
- The VAT invoice shall include the following VAT rates:
- If the purchase was made by a consumer residing in the European Union, then Vendor shall issue an invoice with a VAT rate of 20%;
- If the purchase was made by a consumer residing outside the European Union, then Vendor shall issue an invoice with 0% VAT rate.
- Vendor shall be fully liable to Consumers for:
- conformity of the goods with the contract,
- physical and legal defects of the products,
- possible incurred damages caused by the purchase of the product,
- claims related to shipping, returns and settlement of complaints.
- The Consumer has the right to address claims to Sasski.com or directly to Vendor. If a claim is addressed to Sasski.com, Vendor is obliged to provide Sasski.com immediately, no later than the end of the next business day, with all information necessary to respond to the Consumer.
- If the Consumer's claims are found to be valid, Vendor is obliged to fulfill them on behalf of Sasski.com.
- If Sasski.com fulfills the claims, Vendor is obliged to reimburse the costs incurred in connection therewith within 14 days from the date of the summons.
Processing of returns and complaints
- If the Consumer submits a declaration of withdrawal from the contract, Vendor will immediately proceed with the return.
- The Vendor may decide to bare the costs of returns. In this case Vendor should immediately inform Sasski.com on the terms of such return.
- The Vendor is obliged to process the return of the price to the Customer immediately:
- no later than 7 days from the date of receipt of the goods or proof of their return - in the case of the Customers from UE,
- no later than 14 days from the date of receipt of the goods or proof of their return - in the case of the other Customers.
- In the event of a complaint by the Consumer, Vendor undertakes to respond to the complaint within 7 days from the date of transmission of the complaint to him by Sasski.com.
- In the case of a legitimate complaint, Vendor will fulfill the Consumer's claim:
- no later than 7 days since issuing a statement on the complaint to the Consumer - in the case of the Customers from UE,
- no later than 14 since issuing a statement on the complaint to the Consumer - in the case of the other Customers.
- The legitimacy of the complaint is considered in accordance with the regulations in force in the European Union and the Returns Policy (https://sasski.com/pages/returns-and-exchanges/ ) and Terms & Conditions (https://sasski.com/pages/terms-and-conditions/ ).
- Neither Sasski.com nor Vendor shall be deemed to be in default under the terms of the VR in the event that it is unable to fulfill its obligation in due to force majeure, which is considered to be unforeseeable events, in particular: fire, flood, epidemic, general strike, general riot, catastrophe of natural causes, embargo, war or due to other extraordinary circumstances beyond the control of Sasski.com or Vendor.
- The occurrence of force majeure must be notified immediately, but no later than within 7 days.
Termination of cooperation
- Sasski.com have the right to terminate cooperation with two weeks' notice.
- Vendor have the right to terminate cooperation at any time by deleting their account on the Website.
- Termination of cooperation does not affect the settlement of purchases, complaints or other claims.
Processing of personal data
- The rights arising from the right of withdrawal shall be independent of the Customer's rights under the provisions on the processing of personal data.
- The Sasski.com reserves the right to amend the VR at any time.
- Amendments to the VR may be made at any time and shall become effective upon one month since publication.
- In the event that any provision of the VR is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. The unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from the VR; such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the VR not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- VR and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Website constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the Sasski.com and Vendor, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the VR).